If free and open trails are your desire for a Segway experience, this tour is for you.
You will take the Recreation Trail from Monterey, through the beaches of Seaside, Sand City and Fort Ord. The trail provides scenic vistas of the Monterey Bay and traffic on the trail is much lighter than that on either of the other tours.
On side trails you will pass the old ammo bunkers on Fort Ord and scenic vistas of Monterey Bay. It is not unusual to see seals, sea lions, otters, dolphins and an occasional whale as you cruise along the edge of the bay.
This Segway tour will take about 2.5 to 3 hours including the training time. Reservations are required. Same day reservations may be possible. Please call 831-324-4438 to make your reservation.
Check out a few short video clips of the Recreation Trail Tour:
Frequently asked questions:
- You can park for FREE at the Pacific Grove Tourist Infomation Center located at 100 Central Ave., Pacific Grove. If the center is open, stop inside to pick up a map showing you the short walk to 125 Ocean View Blvd. Pacific Grove, where our tours begin.
- Riders must be 12 years old or older. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult on a separate Segway.
- Bicycle helmets are required for all riders and will be provided free of charge. Feel free to bring a helmet if you have one.
- Close-toed shoes are recommended for safety and comfort.
- The weather in Monterey is usually very nice but changeable. Bring a jacket or sweat shirt. Your Segway has a bag to hold items. The temperature is usually quite comfortable, ranging in the 60’s.
RECREATION TRAIL TOUR
- $95.00 per person + tax