If free and open trails are your desire for a Segway PT experience, this tour is for you.
You will take the Recreation Trail from Monterey, through the beaches of Seaside, Sand City and Fort Ord. The trail provides scenic vistas of the Monterey Bay and traffic on the trail is much lighter than that on either of the other tours.
On side trails you will pass the old ammo bunkers on Fort Ord and scenic vistas of Monterey Bay. It is not unusual to see seals, sea lions, otters, dolphins and an occasional whale as you cruise along the edge of the bay.
This Segway PT tour will take about 2.5 to 3 hours including the training time. Reservations are required. Same day reservations may be possible. Please call 831-324-4438 to make your reservation.
Check out a few short video clips of the Recreation Trail Tour:
Frequently asked questions:
- You may park for free at the American Tin Cannery Outlet Mall parking lot located on Eardley Avenue, off Central Avenue in Pacific Grove. I can validate parking in that lot for three hours.My shop is located at 125 Ocean View Blvd., Space 120b, Pacific Grove, in The American Tin Cannery Outlet Mall. There is a raised walkway from the parking lot to the American Tin Cannery Outlet Mall. You would cross over, take the escalator down to the first floor, turn left and walk to the end of the building where my shop has only an outside entrance.
- Riders must be 12 years old or older. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult on a separate Segway PT.
- Bicycle helmets are required for all riders and will be provided free of charge. Feel free to bring a helmet if you have one.
- Close-toed shoes are recommended for safety and comfort.
- The weather near The Monterey Bay is usually very nice but changeable. Bring a jacket or sweat shirt. Your Segway PT has a bag to hold items. The temperature is usually quite comfortable, ranging in the 60’s.